[Deploying Sakai] tomcat not working properly

Matthew De Leon smidwap at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 08:55:46 PST 2010

Thanks for the quick response, Steve. I've been working with the log file
for some time now trying to find the root of the problem, and after fixing a
couple issues (including changing the port from 8080 to 9090 and increasing
memory usage for java through JAVA_OPTS), I am once again stuck. I've
attached my log file.

I've perused the log files and examined any WARN and ERROR messages that
appeared. None of them point to anything obviously wrong with my
installation and configuration. The only symptom I'm finding now is that
http://localhost:9090 isn't loading. In fact, the last few lines in the log
file are:

2010-01-13 10:38:59,603  INFO main org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina -
Server startup in 227976 ms
2010-01-13 10:42:18,774  INFO Timer-2
org.sakaiproject.email.impl.BasicEmailService - Preparing to send the mail
digests for 20100113060000000]20100114060000000
2010-01-13 10:43:48,710  WARN SakaiClusterService.Maintenance
org.sakaiproject.cluster.impl.SakaiClusterService - run(): ghost-busting
server: localhost-1263399544288 from : localhost-1263400536809

which look promising. I was able to successfully install the demo on my
local windows machine and this is similar to the messages I received before
tomcat began to operate properly.

Thoughts? Any help is appreciated.

Matt