[Deploying Sakai] [Using Sakai] Sakai integration with publisher portals

Mustansar Mehmood mustansar at rice.edu
Wed Feb 17 10:54:22 PST 2010

I believe its much simpler than that as we just need to pass the
authentication credentials for now.
On 02/17/2010 08:55 AM, Christopher Davia wrote:

> HI Mustansar,
>
> I hope all is going well, long time no hear. I realize that you are
> focused on higher ed, but there is a K12 initiative at the IMS Global
> standards body that you might be interested in. It is called the K12
> Common Cartridge Curriculum pilot which basically uses the IMS
> Learning Tools Interoperability spec to integrate content that resides
> on publisher's websites with the learning environment. Pearson, Mcgraw
> Hill, and Syngage are involved and committed to the pilot....You might
> want to check out the LTI spec
>
> Chris
>
> Inactive hide details for Mustansar Mehmood ---02/16/2010 08:23:15
> PM---Hi,Mustansar Mehmood ---02/16/2010 08:23:15 PM---Hi,
>
>                         *Mustansar Mehmood <mustansar at rice.edu>*
>                         Sent by:
>                         sakai-user-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org
>
>                         02/16/2010 08:22 PM

> sakai-dev <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>,
> production at collab.sakaiproject.org,
> "sakai-user at collab.sakaiproject.org" <sakai-user at collab.sakaiproject.org>
>
> cc
>

> Subject
>
> [Using Sakai] Sakai integration with publisher portals
>

> Hi,
> I would like to know if there is an existing/under development piece
> of code to integrate sakai with publishers like xanedu etc.
> Some departments have user accounts with publishers for students and
> faculty and I was wondering any work has been done to
> integrate authentication with publishing company portals. At minimum
> this may be a simple URL string manipulation accompanied
> by look up table for user(publishing company portal) credentials
> against sakai users.
> Thanks,
> Mustansar/(See attached file:
> mustansar.vcf)/_______________________________________________
> sakai-user mailing list
> sakai-user at collab.sakaiproject.org

> sakai-user-unsubscribe at collab.sakaiproject.org with a subject of

Mustansar Mehmood
Educational System Developer&  Integrator

Information Technology
6100 Main St. MS 119
Houston Texas 77005

Phone:(713)348-2523
Fax  :(713)348 6099
email:mustansar at rice.edu

I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when,you  looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     -- Poul Anderson