[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] Grouping tools as rSmart does

Branden Visser branden at uwindsor.ca
Thu Feb 11 06:44:37 PST 2010

Hi Leon,

We've configured this here at U of W with xsl-portal. The key to
configuring categorization is in the toolOrder.xml.

You can use the <toolCategory> tag to group your tools in categories for
particular site types:

<category name="course">
   <toolCategory id="interaction">
     <name><![CDATA[INTERACTION]]</name>
     <tool id="sakai.chat" />
     <tool id="sakai.rwiki" />
     <!-- ... and so on ... -->
   </toolCategory>
</category>

As far as features lost using the xsl-portal, I'm not quite sure. We
haven't used the standard portal in production, so hopefully others who
know both quite well can provide some input.

Hope that helps,
Branden