[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] LDAP connection question

caseyd.stan caseyd.stan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 16:50:20 PST 2010

On 12/9/10 1:32 PM, bruceballou at olk12.com wrote:
> Hello Casey,
> ??Bruce, does your organization's LDAP team have an integration policy?
> Not currently, but need to figure one out...do you know of any policy
> frameworks?
At Stanford applications which wanted to interact with LDAP used
Kerberos, so
the UDP I cooked up for Sakai for Stanford used Kerberos. They've
patched it since
due to an kerb upgrade but the basic idea is the same. ( I'm no longer
at Stanford, but
contract back now and again. )

https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/kerberos

Here's a narrative blog post from, hmm looks like Scotty.

http://itlab.stanford.edu/blog/archives/2009/test-services/ldap-kerberos-5-sasl-and-passwords

rSmart ( a sakai integration company, among other things ) has a nice
little PDF on LDAP.
http://www.rsmart.com/resource/user-authentication-ldap-and-sakai-cle

 From the rest of your email I'm guessing your crew has just set up a
Novell LDAP server and is 'having at it" right? The greater enterprise
you work for ( I have no idea ) doesn't have an identity team / solution
in place already?

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/LDAP+Integration and
related pages are helping?