[Deploying Sakai] Installing

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 14:49:42 PST 2010

Hi Larry,

You don't unpack the binary inside the sakai folder, you unpack it inside the root of Tomcat. The unpacking will overlay a shared/lib directory with a bunch of jars inside, components directory with a bunch more directories inside and add a bunch of wars to the webapps directory. So at your root tomcat level you should have those folders.

The sakai directory is the default location for your custom sakai.properties, and some other optional config.

cheers,
Steve