[Deploying Sakai] 404 Error

caseyd.stan caseyd.stan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 22:49:06 PST 2010

On 12/2/10 10:33 PM, Richard Gliebe wrote:
> On 12/3/10 6:38 AM caseyd.stan wrote:
>>> Hi Mike,

>>> I've read it in the documentation, but I could not imagine that SAKAI
>>> needed this old tomcat version.
>> why?
> While installing Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS from scratch, I have the possibility
> to select some Softwarebundles, like LAMP-, OpenSSH- and Tomcat Server.
>
> This makes it much easier to upgrade the OS.
> But Ubuntu will install Tomcat 6 and not Tomcat 5.5
>
> So I thought tomcat 5.5 is an older Version.
>
> Anyway, I'll install tomcat 5.5 manually.
>
> thanks
> Richard

OIC yes.

Sometimes a production stack is a stake in the sand. My old 3rd gen RX-7
is a sweet fast car, but it won't take new parts.

there was an old and intermittent error w/TC 5 and the class loading of
Sun's crypto
stack which could be triggered with Quartz jobs making SSL requests
before everything else
had settled down but the odds are it won't present a major issue for you.

onward!

- casey