[Deploying Sakai] 404 Error

Richard Gliebe richard.gliebe at fhv.at
Thu Dec 2 22:33:59 PST 2010

On 12/3/10 6:38 AM caseyd.stan wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>>> Sakai requires Tomcat 5.5.31 rather than 6. Try grabbing the tar.gz
>>> file from http://tomcat.apache.org/download-55.cgi and installing into
>>> that.
>> I've read it in the documentation, but I could not imagine that SAKAI
>> needed this old tomcat version.
> why?

While installing Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS from scratch, I have the possibility
to select some Softwarebundles, like LAMP-, OpenSSH- and Tomcat Server.

This makes it much easier to upgrade the OS.
But Ubuntu will install Tomcat 6 and not Tomcat 5.5

So I thought tomcat 5.5 is an older Version.

Anyway, I'll install tomcat 5.5 manually.

thanks
Richard