[Deploying Sakai] Sakai internal users authenticated through LDAP

Weaver, Ronald D. Jr. Mr. weaverrd at muohio.edu
Tue Aug 24 05:44:26 PDT 2010

Hello,

My name is Dave and I work for Miami University and we are now setting up Sakai 2.7 for a pilot release.  One problem we are having is trying to figure out how to set up authentication and provisioning.  What we would like to do is have internal users authenticate through LDAP, but only login if they have an account created in Sakai.  Has anyone done this before and, if so, could you provide some guidance as to how to set this up?  Please keep in mind we are very new to the system and need a bit of hand holding as we pick the system up.  Thanks for your time and consideration.

Thanks,
Dave

David Weaver
Application Analyst