[Deploying Sakai] Bulk users load

Tseliso Molukanele tseliso at psybergate.co.za
Mon Aug 16 04:31:30 PDT 2010

Hi Steve

Thanks for the quick reply.

Does this mean I should give up in looking for an existing non-technical
solution meant for non-technical administrators, i.e a button on the web
interface with a upload CSV file functionality.

I see the perl script "create-users.pl" is the one loading the users and
I think it is indeed an example of what I need.

the bad news is that the addresses

'http://XXXXXXXXXXXXX:8080/sakai-axis/SakaiLogin.jws?wsdl
'http://XXXXXXXXXXXXXX:8080/sakai-axis/SakaiScript.jws?wsdl

where xxxxx is my machine do not point to anything.  I can get to
http://xxxx:8080/sakai-axis/ but not any further.  not having any
previous work on Sakai web services I'm cant tell what i'm doing wrong

On 16/08/2010 13:11, Steve Swinsburg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can use the webservices or write a custom Quartz job. I have a
> Perl script to do exactly what you need here:
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib//swinsburg/webservice-scripts/
>
> which loads user data from a CSV file.
>
> cheers,
> Steve
>

> On 16/08/2010, at 8:22 PM, Tseliso Molukanele wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> What is the most convinient way to bulk upload Sakai users into Sakai
>> assuming a new system and thousands of new users.
>>
>> Three options come to mind and I'm not sure if they are all possible
>> and where to find the specific solutions
>>
>>     * Existing functionality in the "User", "User Membership" or
>>       other stable tools
>>     * Writing a new tool or enhancing already existing tools
>>     * Using direct database load
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Tseliso

Psybergate