[Deploying Sakai] Most hassle-free Linux distribution for 2.7.x?

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 20:54:01 PDT 2010

Hi,

I think you'll find them all to be similar in terms of Sakai. In any case, the build system we use for Sakai is Apache Maven which fetches dependencies and artifacts from the remote repositories automatically, so it's independent of the OS.

One thing you will want to do is NOT use the built in version of Tomcat, nor any Tomcat installed from a package manager in your OS. Always grab a zip/tar.gz from tomcat.apache.org and extract it yourself, then build Sakai into it. Other tools needed like svn, maven and java can all be managed via the package manager (assuming correct versions are available).

cheers,
Steve