[Deploying Sakai] Most hassle-free Linux distribution for 2.7.x?

Harish Narayanan harish.mlists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 16:08:51 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I have been testing and playing with Sakai 2.7.x from svn on my mac
laptop with MacPorts and everything seems to work great. I would now
like to migrate testing to a bigger Linux box to better mimic a
production environment.

I am leaning toward CentOS or Debian, but is there a standard
distribution that makes deploying Sakai relatively hassle-free? I ask
this primarily in terms of ease of obtaining and keeping up-to-date
Sakai's dependencies. Could you share your experiences?

Thanks,
Harish