[Deploying Sakai] Problems with deprecated tools after upgrade

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Thu Aug 12 09:00:52 PDT 2010

Hi Markus,

I don't see a way to remove them...

To remove them, it must be done through the DB, looking at SAKAI_SITE_PAGE
and SAKAI_SITE_TOOL. The following query lists all pages having a
registration tool id of "sakai.presentation":

*SELECT * FROM SAKAI_SITE_PAGE P *
*LEFT JOIN SAKAI_SITE_TOOL T ON P.PAGE_ID=T.PAGE_ID*
*WHERE T.REGISTRATION = 'sakai.presentation';*

To remove them, it could be made through a script or maybe through SQL. The
PAGE_ID field identifies the page to remove in these tables:

   - SAKAI_SITE_PAGE
   - SAKAI_SITE_PAGE_PROPERTY
   - SAKAI_SITE_TOOL

I'm not sure what is the registration tool id for Presentation and
Discussions...

>  Any way to make Profile2 the default for all existing users?

Yes, just execute this sql statement:

*
-- Replace Profile by Profile2 for new and existing sites:
update SAKAI_SITE_TOOL set REGISTRATION='sakai.profile2' where
REGISTRATION='sakai.profile';

*

Hope it helps,
Nuno

> Cheers,
> Markus

Nuno Fernandes  .  { Analyst/Programmer }

|| web  . { http://www.ufp.pt  |  http://tinyurl.com/nfgrilo  |  follow_me @
nfgrilo }
|| work . { Universidade Fernando Pessoa  |  Praça 9 de Abril, 349  |
4249-004 Porto }