[Deploying Sakai] Can't log in with clustering

Mike De Simone michael.desimone at rsmart.com
Fri Apr 9 09:04:45 PDT 2010

Jeremy,

I've seen the errors you're describing: ajp_ilink_receive() and the like.
It was related to the newer/newest version of CentOS and its network kernel
driver combined with the firmware version of the NICs on the server.  What
version & kernel of RHEL are you using and what brand of NIC do you have +
its firmware version.  We had problems with Broadcom NICs but were able to
overcome them by updating the firmware & network driver code and modifying
some system setting related to the NIC (can't exactly recall it at the
moment).

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Kusnetz, Jeremy <JKusnetz at apus.edu> wrote:

> It certainly isn't a load issue, we are still in the development stage
> getting things figured out and put together.  Seems to happen after
> apache has been running for a couple of hours, a restart of apache seems
> to fix the problem temporarily.  Obviously we can't go into production
> like this.
>
> Glad to know you are on the standard apache RPM for RHEL5 with no
> problems.
>
> I'll reply back once we figure out what the issue is for everyone's
> benift.  Hey I can be optimistic. :)

Mike DeSimone
Sr. Technical Consultant
rSmart