[Deploying Sakai] LDAP Integration Step by Step Guide

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 17:19:14 PDT 2009

Hi John,

Regarding password strength for internal accounts, this could be solved
by a mod to the User Account tool to check password strength and only
allow strong passwords - I've Jira'd this as
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17058 because it would be a neat
feature.

I would look at other ways to not have your Group 2 accounts in Sakai.
Depending on your mail setup at your institution you can allow users to
transparently forward mail to their personal accounts via a .forward
file in their mailbox, or store their personal email addresses in LDAP
and allow students to keep them up to date so Sakai can get at them.

cheers,

Steve Swinsburg
Systems Developer
Enterprise Systems