[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] Strange database connection memory issue at U-M

Speelmon, Lance Day lance at indiana.edu
Thu Sep 17 11:53:38 PDT 2009

Perhaps - probably the right place to start looking.  The problem is
that the tools to help troubleshoot these kind of leaks cannot be used
in production environments.  For example, if you tell the connection
pool to force return connections to the pool after a set amount of
time - it interferes with batch activities.  So, then the question
becomes: can these leaks be triggered in a test environment?  Or maybe
batch should be running out of a separate pool to allow this kind of
troubleshooting?  L

Lance Speelmon
Scholarly Technologist