[Deploying Sakai] FW: 2.6 Production Issues

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Thu Sep 3 00:57:12 PDT 2009

Just as a data point for SAKAI_SITE_PAGE_PROPERTY, we updated our cache settings for this yesterday to:

timeToLive at db.cache.SAKAI_SITE_PAGE_PROPERTY=3600
timeToIdle at db.cache.SAKAI_SITE_PAGE_PROPERTY=3600

and are now seeing a hit rate of around 50% (3600 seconds = 1 hour).

org.sakaiproject.db.BaseDbFlatStorage.SAKAI_SITE_PAGE_PROPERTY: count:24246 hits:143034 misses:132587 hit%:51

[ name = org.sakaiproject.db.BaseDbFlatStorage.SAKAI_SITE_PAGE_PROPERTY status = STATUS_ALIVE eternal = false overflowToDisk = true maxElementsInMemory = 10000 maxElementsOnDisk = 0 memoryStoreEvictionPolicy = LRU timeToLiveSeconds = 3600 timeToIdleSeconds = 3600 diskPersistent = false diskExpiryThreadIntervalSeconds = 120 cacheEventListeners: hitCount = 143034 memoryStoreHitCount = 114417 diskStoreHitCount = 28617 missCountNotFound = 113982 missCountExpired = 18605 ]

This is probably not as good as improvements contemplated in KNL-259 etc. or disabling the query completely, but may help provide some performance improvements for sites without code changes in the interim.

Regards
Stephen

Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
http://www.cet.uct.ac.za
Email/IM/XMPP: stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290

>>> "May, Megan Marie" <mmmay at indiana.edu> 9/1/2009 4:08 AM >>>
Cross posting for Michelle since she's not on this list (yet!)