[Deploying Sakai] Adding an IE compatibility header
jonespm at umich.edu
Wed Sep 2 11:45:37 PDT 2009
The resource render problem is fixed in
This is in 2.6.x, possibly for 2.6.1.
For a general tomcat IE compatibility header addition, you can apply the
patch to requestfilter at
Since IE8 isn't an "officially" supported sakai browser no-one really
commented on adding the workaround, but they are available and some fixes
are being made as they are found. If the apache workaround works for you
then that seems pretty easy too.
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Paul Gibbs <pgibbsjr at hotmail.com> wrote:
> (For posterity’s sake, I am posting this in case someone is looking for
> this sometime.)
> I have noticed that the resources tool renders poorly with IE8. I am
> running Apache as a front end using mod_proxy, and I took care of this by
> adding the compatibility header to everything that goes out of the proxy’d
> Tomcat vhost. In my vhost configuration (in a vanilla install of Apache2,
> these are stored in httpd.conf; in Debian, your vhosts are stored in
> individual files within sites-available/) , I added this above the <Proxy *>
> *Header add X-UA-Compatible “IE=EmulateIE7”*
> Subsequently, IE8 properly renders the tool.
> I’d be interested in knowing how others have addressed this. I realize this
> can be done within Tomcat—it would be interesting to hear the steps someone
> might have used to do that. It involves setting up a request filter. I never
> got it figured out.
> Paul Gibbs
> CBTS / Lansdale, Pennsylvania
> production mailing list
> production at collab.sakaiproject.org
> TO UNSUBSCRIBE: send email to
> production-unsubscribe at collab.sakaiproject.org with a subject of
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the production