[Deploying Sakai] Video Streaming in Sakai

Nathan Finley nfinley at pacific.edu
Thu Oct 29 08:52:18 PDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

We are in the process of transitioning from Blackboard to Sakai this year,
and we are starting to have more interest from faculty in using video within
Sakai.  We are interested in creating a video streaming server to make the
whole process easier in Sakai.  I¹m just wondering if anyone had any input
on which direction to go and which products to use.  We are leaning towards
testing Adobe Flash Server right now, but I¹d love to hear some other points
of view on how this could go.  Specifically, we are also looking at having a
web front-end on our server, so that it could be self-service for the
faculty.  Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan
----------
Nathan Finley
Learning Management Systems Administrator
University of the Pacific
Office of Information Technology ­ Enterprise Applications
Email: nfinley at pacific.edu
Phone: 209.946.7669

Blackboard Support
Email: blackboard at pacific.edu