[Deploying Sakai] Sakai Sizing

Tom Hall thall at brocku.ca
Fri Jul 10 05:47:36 PDT 2009

Hi Kerthik

There are many possible configureation depending upon what you want to
achieve.  For 2000 or so concurrent users, you will probably need 4
application servers and an appropriately sized database/file server.  You will
also need a load balancer in front of your application servers to distribute
the load amongst the application servers.  As you increate the number of
concurrent logins you will need to increase the number of application servers
to suit.

If you go to http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/PROD and select 'All'
from the preset filters list you will get information on many of the
active Sakai installations that will help you.

Tom