[Deploying Sakai] Removing contributed tools

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 15:44:41 PDT 2009

Hi Paul,

Tools generally deploy to three areas in Tomcat. They may have a directory
in components/, they may have jars in shared/lib/ and they will have a
webapp in webapps/. You can remove all three to remove all deployed
artifacts. You can generally figure out what they are as they should be
named appropriately for the tool, else look in the poms for the artifact
names.

However, if some sites have these tools added, then an entry will still
remain in the tool navigation list for that site but clicking on it will be
blank. It will need to be manually removed from those sites.

Alternatively, you can leave the deployed artifacts and just stealth the
tools so they cannot be added to any more sites.

Let us know what you'd like to do and we can point you to

cheers,
Steve