[Deploying Sakai] deleting resource records from database

Ron Peterson rpeterso at mtholyoke.edu
Thu Aug 20 10:44:55 PDT 2009

Hi,

I just deleted all non-system records from CONTENT_RESOURCE and
CONTENT_COLLECTION in an attempt to remove some errant resource folders
from Sakai.  (see earlier thread w/ subject "Unable to remove multiple
instances of a resource in 2.5.x" for context).

I have restarted tomcat and apache, and cleared my browser cache, but
when I return the site's resources folder, it is still populated by
folders which no longer have records in either of the above two database
tables.  I even took the extraordinary step of having lunch, thinking a
cache somewhere would time out in the meantime.  No luck.

I have _not_ deleted associated filesystem blobs, and right now, I'm not
even sure how I would identify the associated blobs, as I no longer have
the records that point to them.

The question, obviously, is how do I blow these folders away?

TIA

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager