[Deploying Sakai] Unable to remove multiple instances of a resource in 2.5.x

Chris Woods csw at alumni.unh.edu
Tue Aug 18 13:04:40 PDT 2009

Noah and Steve,

Thanks for the suggestions and backgroudn info but the trouble is
apparently not so easily remedied.

A few more details:

There are six instances of the folder I attempted to upload via webdav.
Not sure how six identical instances came to be but there it is.
Subfolders also multiplied by a factor of six and so on. If I change the
name of instance 1 the names of instances 2 through 6 change as well.
This is not, as I understand it, normal resource tool behavior.

The resources tool will not allow removal one-by-one or as a group
because it claims I do not have the required permissions although it
shows the folders belong to me, etc.

I work off a Kubuntu Linux laptop and used webdav in Konqueror
initially. Suspecting that my webdav client might be to blame I used my
Windows machine to attempt to remove the folders via webdav. I
cheerfully reported that the folders were deleted - hurrah! Only when I
logged back into Sakai all six remain.

So how to get rid of these? Where are they physically on the system? In
the FS or the DB? Can I delete them manually somehow?