[Deploying Sakai] Unable to remove multiple instances of a resource in 2.5.x

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Tue Aug 18 12:04:35 PDT 2009

Hello Chris,

Dodgy is probably the right word for WebDAV behavior in 2.5.x. WebDAV
in general is an unfortunately regularly moving target. It's also a
bit flaky to delete nested collections of Resources.

If you use the Resources tool and try to delete a tree of folders,
you should be prompted if you want to delete everything inside.
However, you will sometimes need to do this on the same folder a
number of times, in my experience.

Depending on your platform, you may have better success in deleting
them again via WebDAV, but that sounds like what's giving you
trouble. If you're using a Mac, Cyberduck seems to handle this kind
of thing pretty well.

Sorry that you've had some trouble.

Thanks,
-Noah