[Deploying Sakai] SSL load balancing and fault tolerance for Sakai

Grossman,John E john.grossman at mdanderson.org
Thu Aug 13 06:36:50 PDT 2009

Thanks to you both for the suggestions.

The reason we are using our own app for LDAP auth and then calling the web service is that we need hybrid authentication. We have two groups of users - one group in the institutional LDAP and another group of external users whose credentials are managed in another custom app. Our auth app will direct the authentication request to the appropriate resource depending on which group a user is in. Sorry I didn't mention that wrinkle.

BTW - Could you point me to the docs for the built-in LDAP support? Based on my searches I thought the web services approach was the way to go for LDAP. I'd like to understand the built-in facilities.