[Portfolio] TWSIA 2015 committee forming

Khan, Salwa sk16 at txstate.edu
Mon Sep 29 07:38:38 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

Good news! You now have an opportunity to join the Teaching With Sakai Innovation Award (TWSIA) committee for 2015. My name is Salwa Khan (from Texas State University) and I will be chairing the committee. We are a focused and congenial group and would very much like to have you as a committee member.

There is a page in the Sakai Confluence site at: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/TWSIA+2015 that provides some details of what we will be doing.  Our meetings are currently scheduled for Tuesdays from 11am to noon Eastern time.

We begin by planning for the award, by reviewing our entry forms and the entry process. We also send out the announcements about the opening of the award submission process, and in mid spring of next year, when entries come in, take part in judging and selecting the winners of the TWSIA.

We will begin our 2015 effort once the committee is formed, hopefully in the next week or so.  Please also get the word out to colleagues who may be interested in serving on the committee.

If you are interested, please respond as soon as you can, so that I can begin scheduling our first meeting. I look forward to hearing from you and to working with you.

Sincerely, Salwa

Salwa Khan, PhD
Coordinator, IT Projects
Texas State University