[Portfolio] Teaching and Learning Meeting summary

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Oct 30 05:51:57 PDT 2014

[pedagogy, sakai-user, portfolio]

* We had a great discussion on the Sakai 10 Syllabus tool. We looked at the
Syllabus together using Big Blue Button web conferencing software.  NYU has
some updates to the tool that the group liked. NYU is seeing if they can
contribute their changes back to the community.

* We had an update on the Lessons Enhancement project, which sounds like it
has a little more work to do to define scope. We saw some of the wire
frames for proposed UI improvements.

* Due to the Sakai Virtual Conference on November 7, there will be no
Teaching and Learning meeting on Wednesday, November 5. We will resume
discussion on Wednesday, November 12 and one of the agenda items could be a
discussion on topics of interest from the Sakai VC.

* We are looking at probably changing the time of the Teaching and Learning
call from 2 pm Eastern on Wednesdays to either 10 am or 11 am Eastern on
Wednesdays (no change in the day) to better accommodate our European
community members who have expressed interest. Input from the email list is
welcome. We probably would change the time for our next call on November
12.

Cheers,

Neal Caidin
Sakai Community Coordinator