[Portfolio] TWSIA deadline approaches

janice.smith janice.smith at threecanoes.com
Tue Mar 25 13:09:56 PDT 2014

Greetings colleagues,
 A reminder that only a week and a half remains before the deadline for entries for the  Teaching With Sakai Innovation Award (TWSIA) competition. A special award is reserved for the use of portfolios in Sakai.

 Please encourage your administrators, faculty, tutors, teaching assistants to enter their portfolio implementations. The award recognizes innovation and excellence in technology-supported teaching, academic collaboration, and student engagement.
 The closing date for entries is April 4, 2014. Winners will be notified in early May 2014 and receive recognition at the Open Apereo Conference, June 1-4, 2014, in Miami, Florida, and in a variety of media. A limited amount of funding will be available to support a portion of each winner's travel to the conference.
 To enter, go to the Apereo Foundation site at: http://www.apereo.org/twsia.
 We thank our sponsor Asahi Net International (ANI) for their continuing support of the Teaching With Sakai Innovation Award.

Janice

Janice A. Smith, Ph.D.
Member, 2014 TWSIA Committee
Three Canoes LLC