[Portfolio] REMINDER > Wednesday's Sakai Teaching and Learning Call (Future of Sakai)

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Tue Mar 18 14:53:05 PDT 2014

Colleagues,

My thanks to the rather large group of folks who attended the call last
week (and who I'm hoping will join again this week!) to discuss the
"Future of Sakai" and some of the work that the Teaching and Learning
Group has been engaged in over the past 6 months.

Before posting call information, let me take care of a little bit of
housekeeping....

Following this email, I will NOT BE COPYING people's individual email
addresses and will return to just posting emails to Sakai lists.  If you
want to remain involved and/or aware of the work that the Teaching and
Learning Group is doing I'd highly recommend that you subscribe to the
Sakai "pedagogy" list which is the primary list for the Teaching and
Learning Group.  You can subscribe to the Sakai T&L mailing list at:

If you missed the call last week, you can find notes and related links
from last week at: http://etherpad.ctools.org/xXyOimoj8R

FOR THE CALL THIS WEDNESDAY (March 19, 2014 2 - 3 PM Eastern Time) > I
would like to suggest that we continue to discussion from last week
regarding the Teaching and Learning Capability Review Process and the
Sakai "Next Generation" concepts but try and shift our focus to how we
might organize ourselves and work in smaller groups to move these forward
between now and the conference.  I'm VERY open to other agenda items so
please feel free to suggest them now or when we get on the call.

Dial-In Information:
Within United States: 1-888-447-7153
International: 1-719-387-1138
Participant Code: 917798 (then hit "#")

NOTE:  A few people contacted me before the prior call to note concerns
with the time of the call and/or dialing internationally.  I would like to
work to find ways to include everyone who would like to participate so if
you are interested in continuing to be involved but are having challenges
due to time zone differences or call in issues please email me and we will
begin to work on a solution.

Thanks, Josh

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer