[Portfolio] Sakai 10.0 released!
neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Jun 30 07:57:30 PDT 2014
[production, sakai-dev, sakai-qa, i18n,accessibility, sakai-docs,
sakai-user, portfolio, pedagogy, sakai-pmc]
The Sakai Core Team is happy to announce the release of Sakai 10.0!
Congratulations to our worldwide team on the successful completion of
Sakai 10.0 !
Sakai 10 builds on the solid work of the Sakai 2.9.3 release. We have
two new tool contributions, better support for audio and video using
HTML 5, infrastructure improvements, about 50 security fixes,
performance improvements, a number of new features, and close to 2,000
fixes! Highlights include, but are not limited to:
* Signup tool, previously a Contrib tool, is now part of Sakai core.
* Delegated Access tool, previously a Contrib tool, is now part of
* Updated and enhanced context sensitive help includes step-by-step
instructions, and in a format that is easier to modify to your
* IMS LTI 2.0 - first LMS (learning management system) with support
for LTI 2.0.
* IMS Common Cartridge (CC) upgrade. Support for reading CC files is
able to read CC versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and it can export data in CC
version 1.1 or 1.2. User selectable.
* Peer graded Assignments - Option for students to review each other's
* Group Assignments - Option for students to submit, and be graded
upon, work as a group.
* Test and Quizzes has new question types: Calculated question and
Extended Matching Items. Plus improved precision on numeric answers
and a new accordion-style interface for quiz setup.
* Lessons (aka LessonBuilder) toolbar has been redesigned and
simplified, better support for embedded Audio and video, new Table
of Contents feature, support for inline use of polls, and better
overall look and feel.
* Resources has support for drag and drop adding of files from desktop
for all browsers, and support for folder drag and drop in Chrome.
* Syllabus Tool updated with a new interface, bulk update of syllabus
items, accordion view, and better handling of link migration.
* Gradebook added support for extra credit.
* Distributed Cacheing provides support for JCache/JSR-107 which
includes improvement to the default cache sizes and better control
by configuration. Session replication to failover from one server to
another without losing session data. Overall provides better
performance for large Sakai installation (though please note that
these features are not turned on by default OOTB).
* Project Keitai (mobile) improved REST API support in anticipation of
Sakai Mobile applications.
* Security Updates - The Sakai community fixed about 50 security
issues including various XSS issues and CSRF issues. AntiSamy is on
by default in Sakai 2.9.3 and Sakai 10. AntiSamy ensures that user
supplied HTML/CSS is in compliance within an application's rules.
* Student Success Portal - new integration available.
* Java - added support for JDK 7.x. JDK 8.x support is in process of
* Sakai technical organization simplified - Reincorporated many of the
"Indies" to make management of Sakai releases and reporting of
Release notes available in English, Spanish and Chinese
Sakai Community Coordinator
neal.caidin at apereo.org
Skype me! (but let me know in advance for the first interaction) - nealkdin
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the portfolio