[Portfolio] Reminder > Today's Teaching and Learning Call

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Nov 13 09:29:28 PST 2013

Colleagues,

As a reminder, we will holding our weekly teaching and learning call today
from 2 - 3 PM Eastern Time (New York).  Dial-in information and a link to
our Etherpad for notetaking is posted on the Sakai Wiki at:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Sakai+Teaching+and+Learning+Conference+Calls
.

I think it might be useful for us to start off the call today by
discussing how we want to proceed over the next 2-3 weeks. As I've
mentioned on the past couple of calls, Chuck Hedrick has asked for
feedback on the current version of Lesson Builder that he has developed
for the Sakai 2.10 release.  Chuck has been a bit busy so its been hard to
get more details on what is needed but from what I've seen I think there
would be real value in us providing feedback.

I have also gotten feedback from Anthony Whyte and Neal Caidin on how to
best share our spreadsheet with developers for feedback.  I think we may
need a week or so to get things ready for this as a brief overview
document seems like it will be important.

So, we may have some options here on how we proceed as it might make sense
to break into two groups to work on the two efforts or stagger some of the
work so that while we are waiting for feedback from developers we work on
reviewing the new Lesson Builder stuff.  We may also want to factor in the
Thanksgiving holiday week that is coming up for those in the States.

OK, we can pick this up on the call.

FYI, Josh

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer