[Portfolio] Follow Up > Sakai Teaching and Learning Group Meeting at Apereo

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Mon Jun 10 11:46:29 PDT 2013

Colleagues,

I hope that everyone has had safe travels back home from the Open Apereo
conference last week and reasonably good luck catching up on things so far
on this Monday.

I'm following up on what I felt was a very productive discussion at the
well-attended Teaching and Learning Gathering that we held on Thursday
afternoon last week as the conference was wrapping up.  I thought we
identified a number of new initiatives that we could engaged on which
would be of value to the community as well as some of the past initiatives
that we may want to continue and/or expand.  In particular, I was very
excited by the dialog with members of the Sakai Technical Coordination
Committee (TCC) and the suggestions for how we might collaborate more over
time.

As promised, I'm reaching out post-conference to work to organize a
conference call for anyone interested discussing priorities for the
Teaching and Learning Group and starting to organize around them.  I
thought we might start this call with a brief review of the primary
topics/ideas that were discussed in San Diego (as means to catch up anyone
who was not there) and then focus on which areas there is interest in
engaging on.  Below is a Doodle we've created to help find a time to
connect up, if you are interested in participating please complete this by
Wednesday morning if possible.

PLEASE COMPLETE THE DOODLE >> http://doodle.com/gbsegc5my5gtgkzm  [Times
are in Eastern Time (New York)]

I do realize that it will be hard to find a time that works well around
the world for all in our community.  If you find that you cannot make this
call due to time zones issues but are interested in the topic please let
me know and we'll work to figure out the best way to bring everyone into
the dialog.

Looking forward to connecting up with everyone,

Josh
p.s. Only if you are interested, the Teaching and Learning Gathering was
recorded and is available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MrbR_hbizo

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College