[Portfolio] Update nd Links > Sakai Teaching and Learning Call TODAY (2-3 PM Eastern Time)

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Jul 17 10:29:18 PDT 2013

Colleagues,

First a reminder that we will be holding our weekly Sakai Teaching and
Learning call today from 2 - 3 PM Eastern time (in about 30 minutes).

As I noted earlier in the week, the group has been discussing
experimenting with how we might approach providing feedback and ideas on
future development priorities and work.  Last week the group decided that
it might be useful to see what happens if we try and "apply" the Sakai
Learning Design Lenses to the relatively new Lesson Builder tool that
Rutgers (and others) have been developing.

I've reached out to Chuck Hedrick, CTO at Rutgers and one of the leads on
the tool, to let him know of our interests and he has replied indicating
that he is very supportive of such an effort (he will try and join the
call today if possible).  Given this, I thought we might want to spend
time on today's call reviewing the Learning Design Lenses a bit and also
the Lesson Builder tool as means to develop a more concrete plan for how
we might proceed.  I'm including some relevant links below that might be
useful for our discussion.

Sakai Learning Design Lenses > http://bit.ly/sakai-lenses

Help Materials for Lesson Builder >
https://sakai.rutgers.edu/helpdocs/lessonbuilder.html

Place to Try Out Lesson Builder > https://trysakai.longsight.com

Talk with everyone in a few minutes,

Josh
p.s. I think Neal was going to try and set up an Etherpad for today's
meeting, if that isn't ready then we'll use Confluence.

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601