[Portfolio] [WG: I18N & L10N] SAK-19184: priority change from blocker to critical
DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ
darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Mon Jan 10 13:13:44 PST 2011
Noah, I really appreciate your effort. Please, let me know if I can help someway.
Thank you very much!!!
De: Noah Botimer [botimer at umich.edu]
Enviado el: lunes, 10 de enero de 2011 20:35
Para: DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ
CC: Anthony Whyte; i18n at collab.sakaiproject.org; osp; Alan Berg
Asunto: Re: [Portfolio] [WG: I18N & L10N] SAK-19184: priority change from blocker to critical
Please note some additional detail here. It looks like the entirety of SAK-14401 should be reverted to repair functionality loss incurred in the initial fix attempt, and that SAK-19184 is really now a placeholder for the more complete fix (changing behavior of ResourceLoader).
There have been multiple wide patches after SAK-14401, and the more correct change to ResourceLoader has testing impact wider than OSP. This makes the prospect time consuming. I am planning to put some time on it this week and may call for advice or testing help in verifying the strategy/fix.
I don't think it should be a blocker, but I am trying to fix it for 2.8.0 anyway.
On Jan 10, 2011, at 1:51 PM, DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ wrote:
> I agree because of the time constraints but I would like to remark that this tools doesn't work from an i18n point of view and this means that the issue should be set to blocker...but for next release. ;-)
> De: i18n-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org [i18n-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org] En nombre de Anthony Whyte [arwhyte at umich.edu]
> Enviado el: lunes, 10 de enero de 2011 16:13
> Para: i18n at collab.sakaiproject.org
> CC: osp; Alan Berg; Theriault Seth
> Asunto: [WG: I18N & L10N] SAK-19184: priority change from blocker to critical
> Last Thursday during the RM call during a review of 2.8-related blocker/critical tickets I recommended that the i18n OSP SAK-19184 ticket be downgraded from a blocker in order to remove it from the list of tickets that potentially block a 2.8.0 release.
> My "triage" rationale:
> 1) the ticket describes a pre-existing condition that is not at the same time a regression (a key consideration in my view)
> 2) work on the ticket appears to have stalled around mid-November 2010
> 3) It is now nearly mid-January and the 2.8.0 release is scheduled for 1 March 2010.
> 4) I suspect there is little chance that the issue can be resolved, tested and verified between tomorrow (when I cut the next QA tag) and the follow-on QA tag that will be made available two weeks from now. Delaying resolution any further will jeopardize the current 2.8.0 release timeline.
> I recommend that work on this ticket be targeted for 2.8.1 or later.
> portfolio mailing list
> portfolio at collab.sakaiproject.org
> TO UNSUBSCRIBE: send email to portfolio-unsubscribe at collab.sakaiproject.org with a subject of "unsubscribe"
More information about the portfolio