[Portfolio] This Wednesday (41/3) > Whole Group Call with Focus on Sakai 2011

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Mon Apr 11 13:22:28 PDT 2011

Colleagues,

It has been a little while (I believe) since our last "whole group" call
so I just wanted to reminder everyone that it will take place THIS
WEDNESDAY at 5 PM ET (dial-in information is below).

Although, as always, I'm very open to other suggestions, I thought it
might make sense to use this time to update each other on our sub-group
work but do so in the context of the Sakai 2011 conference that is coming
up in just two months.  I've created a Confluence page (see
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Teaching+and+Learning+2011+Sakai+Conference+Planning+Page
) which I have also linked off the main Teaching and Learning site where I
thought we might coordinate a bit.  This was a quick thought but I've set
up the page so that we can list our pre-conference workshops/meetings,
conference/BOF sessions we think are particularly useful for everyone to
be aware of and a place to list post-conference meetings if we have any.
I've added some examples (mostly stolen from Rob Coyle and Steve Lonn) to
show what I was thinking.

What might work well is to have others go to the page prior to Wednesday
and add your content (or change what is there if needed) so that we can
review it as a group.  I'm hoping that this will allow us to all become
more aware of the different sessions being run and also where people might
need some help.

Josh

DIAL-IN INFORMATION
    * Dial 1-888-447-7153 (International callers: 1-719-387-1138)
    * Enter in passcode: 917798 (the hit #)
    * Listen to music until "moderator" starts the call
    * Need help? Call tech support at 1-877-807-0970

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601