[Portfolio] info on transitioning from TaskStream to Sakai

Nate Angell nangell at rsmart.com
Mon Sep 13 15:51:57 PDT 2010

Linda:

This may not be the answer that you want to hear, but one way to
achieve part of what you need in Sakai/OSP would be for the portfolio
community to collaborate to produce and maintain key standards in a
format many schools could share, ideally with the support of the
standards bodies themselves. Ideally, these standards would exist in a
form any portfolio technology could use, but I'm not sure how close we
are to that utopia.

In the meantime, I could see a subgroup of Sakai institutions with
education programs combining together to pool resources to initiate
such a tangible and necessary project.

The lesson plan part of your inquiry may be a harder nut to crack, but
at the very least, the Sakai community participates in a more general
repository (that is just about to get a significant facelift and
extension of capabilities)—called Opened Practices—that might serve as
a storehouse of such resources, even if they were not only one click
away from loading into Sakai or other tools:
http://openedpractices.org/

--
Nate Angell
Client Evangelist