[Portfolio] AAEEBL Conferences and Events near you!
mzaldiva at vt.edu
Tue Oct 19 06:29:12 PDT 2010
Here is some great opportunities to find good conversation around ePortfolios: the next one is coming soon (Nov 8-9) at Clemson! Hope to see you there.
1. AAEEBL Southeast Portfolio Conference, Clemson University, co-sponsored by Virginia Tech University, November 8 and 9, 2010. The Program is on the Web, the registration site is up, and the hotel link is active. This important conference occurs over one and a half days. Food and reception are included, we have put together a graet program, students will share their portfolio experiences, and we get to do all this on a beautiful campus in an exciting college town!
Keynote: Trent Batson, Executive Director, AAEEBL
I hope very much to see you there.
2. The New England Faculty Development Consortium is holding its annual Conference in Worcester, MA on November 19. AAEEBL is conducting a three-hour pre-conference seminar on November 18 (thursday). The seminar focuses on evidence-based learning, the central focus for the development of AAEEBL's scholarly field this year. See: http://www.nefdc.org/ (main conference page)
Reading to prepare for this seminar: http://campustechnology.com/articles/2010/10/06/reviewers-unhappy-with-portfolio-stuff-demand-evidence.aspx
Register for the AAEEBL seminar: http://www.nefdc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=18
This 3-hour seminar will be highly interactive. We look forward to working with you on some new ideas for portfolio implementation.
3. In San Francisco, January 26-29, AAC&U's annual meeting includes an all-day portfolio forum co-sponsored by AAEEBL. Here is the announcement:
AAC&U Forum. AAC&U is once again hosting a day long eportfolio event at our 2011 Annual Meeting: Eportfolio Forum: Deepening High-Impact Learning on January 29th in San Francisco. Today is the last day to submit a proposal to the Program Committee for the Forum. You can find information on the Eportfolio Forum here:
You can submit a proposal for the Eportfolio Forum here:
Wende says she is happy to answer any questions about the Eportfolio Forum! Please email her at the address below. Thank you!
Wende Bonner Morgaine Garrison
Association of American Colleges and Universities
wendebmg at gmail.com<mailto:wendebmg at gmail.com>
4. The AAEEBL Western Regional Conference, Westminster College, Salt Lake City, Utah, Feb 28 and March 1, 2011, hosted by Westminster, co-sponsored by AAEEBL and by AAC&U.
Keynote Speaker: Terrell Rhodes, VP at AAC&U.
http://www.aaeebl.org/page/Western+Regional+E-Portfolio+Conference+2011. The call for proposals deadline is available; the deadline is December 1, 2010. Registration is open and will remain open until February 18, 2011.
5. The AAEEBL Northeast Regional Conference, March 18, 2011, Johnson & Wales University, Harborside Campus, Warwick RI. The CFP will be distributed in November. Save the date.
6. The AAEEBL Annual Conference, The World Portfolio Summit, July 25-28, 2011, Boston, MA co-located with Campus Technology. Save the dates.
Marc Zaldivar, Ph.D.
Director, ePortfolio Initiatives
2210 Torgersen Hall
Blacksburg, VA 24061
marcz at vt.edu<mailto:marcz at vt.edu>
More information about the portfolio