[Portfolio] Portfolio stories

Debbie Boisvert dboisvert at sau53.org
Thu May 20 05:34:15 PDT 2010

Hey Sean,

I will not be at the conference. We will still be in school. I would love to
submit videos. We are attempting to implement portfolios K-8th grades this year.
We are also piloting evaluation rubrics for NCLB ICT literacy standards for
these portfolios. How would you like the videos submitted. Is there a place we
should just upload them or do you want to review them first.

Deb

--
Debbie Boisvert
603-463-7422 ext 522,

The information transmitted is the property of SAU #53 and is intended only for
the person, persons, or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain
dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,this
prohibited.

>>> Sean Keesler <sean.keesler at threecanoes.com> 5/20/2010 7:14 AM >>>
For those that don't know it, I've been doing some Foundation work as of late
on the web site....mostly answering first time questions that come through the
contact form on the site, posting new content as it comes up and general dusting
and cleaning that goes along with any web site.

It gave me a great opportunity to finally move over the OSP pages into the
sakaiproject.org ( http://sakaiproject.org/ ) site.
You can see them here:
http://sakaiproject.org/what-osp

OSP is currently listed as a set of features of Sakai:
http://sakaiproject.org/features
...which links to the page above.

One of the things that the foundation is doing is moving to a less technical
discussion of Sakai and more into a storytelling mode about Sakai. As such, you
see videos sprinkled around the site where users describe what Sakai schools are
doing with Sakai. My understanding is that some filming may happen at the
conference around more of these stories.

It would be great if we could develop some video stories around portfolios in
Sakai with faculty or instructional designers talking about their specific
implementation. Would anyone be willing to participate?

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104
315-682-0830