[Portfolio] Reporting Out > Today's Teaching and Learning Group Call

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Jun 23 16:12:21 PDT 2010

Colleagues,

Just wanted to take a moment to report out a bit on the call that the
Teaching and Learning Group held today.

We had over 20 people participate with a lot of excitement and interest
coming out of the 2010 conference.  The goal for this call, and probably
several more, was to identify a few "centers of gravity" around which the
group and sub-groups are interested in working and then to develop work
plans for each "center".  We've identified about 5 areas of interest right
now and was able to briefly discuss 3 of them on the call.  The agenda for
the call along with notes that were taken can be found at:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/06-23-10+Conference+Call.

For the next call we've agreed to engage in an open brainstorming activity
to try and flesh out the specific issues that we want to work on.  If you
are interested in participating, we've updated the Teaching and Learning
Confluence site (http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED) with a
"What are we doing now" section where there are links to each
brainstorming page.  Please consider taking a minute to jump in and add
your thoughts!

The next call will take place on Wednesday, June 30th at 5 PM EDT.  Dial
in information is located on the T&L Confluence site noted above.

If you have questions just ask.

Josh

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron