[Portfolio] REMINDER > "Whole Group" T&L Call TODAY

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Jul 28 10:48:44 PDT 2010

Folks,

As we discussed previously, we will be holding a "whole group" (meaning,
all of the sub-groups) Teaching and Learning Sakai call today at 5 PM EDT.
 Call in information is below.

I've posted a draft agenda for the call on Confluence and I'm also
including it below.  This is open for change but I thought it made sense
to start the call with some brief reports from each sub-group and to
provide some time for the larger group to provide feedback, etc. on the
work underway in each group.  This would give folks who may not be
directly involved in a particular sub-group to provide input.  What I've
suggested is that each group facilitator take about 10 minutes to provide
an update.  The agenda below includes some suggested things to touch on in
the update.

Once to get through the updates I thought we might want to discuss how we
will use this group call time moving forward and some logistics associated
with running the call.  Finally, we can end by talking about the issues
around community and external communication.

Again, this is open to change so come to the call with additional agenda
topics and ideas.

Finally, just a heads up, I'll need to be participating in this call from
my car so if someone could plan to take notes and assist in facilitating
that would be helpful.

Talk with everyone in awhile.

Josh

    * Dial 1-888-447-7153 (International callers: 1-719-387-1138)
    * Enter in passcode: 917798 (the hit #)
    * Listen to music until "moderator" starts the call
    * Need help? Call tech support at 1-877-807-0970

 AGENDA
1.      Role Call - who is on the call?
2.      Sub-Group Reporting (10 minutes each)
1.      Things to Address in Report:
1.      Top 3 questions/issues the group is focused on
2.      Outcomes from first meeting
3.      Next steps
4.      Does the "group" have a critical mass yet? (meaning, are there
enough people with the right knowledge, skills, time, etc. to accomplish
what the group wants to do)
5.      Communication plan
2.      Group Reports (by facilitator)
1.      Distance Learning
2.      TWSIA 2011 Committee
3.      Learning Capabilities Design Lenses
3.      T&L Group Call Discussion Topics
1.      General goal moving forward for T&L Group Call
2.      Frequency of the call (monthly?)
3.      Day/time for the call
4.      Terminology Standardization
1.      Subgroups, community, committees
4.      General community and external communication

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron