[Portfolio] Michigan Load Testing Summary Report

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Mon Jul 26 11:46:03 PDT 2010

Hi Sean,

    We discussed this on today's calls, but here are some answers to
your specific questions. Comments below.

- Beth

On Jul 23, 2010, at 8:02 PM, Sean Keesler wrote:

> Beth,
>
> Thanks for sharing!
>
> What were the tasks that the test scenario ran through?
We had seven concurrent scripts which roughly did the following with
the Matrix and Portfolio tools:
- Filling out forms in a Matrix as a learner, this creates a web site.
- Filling out a Reflection and submitting a cell
- Complete Reflection
- Filling out Feedback forms, general and item-specific
- Filling out an Evaluation and moving the cell to Complete
- Adding, including, and editing pages in a New portfolio
- Adding pages in an Existing portfolio
- Adding pages in an Existing portfolio
- Viewing a portfolio

> Did it render 350 portfolio presentations at the same time?
No (see above)

> Did it try to simulate the building of the "pick list" screen by a
> number of simultaneous users?
Yes (see above)

> Were different cache.osp.presentation.data properties tried?

We had caching turned off.

> Its hard to understand that report without a wee bit more info...but
> it seems a little disheartening regardless.

Sorry for the high-level nature of this summary, but it was originally
written for a non-technical audience.