[Portfolio] filefile displayName

Jon Wheat jwheat at messiah.edu
Tue Jul 13 07:39:25 PDT 2010

Erica,
I actually did that - changed the renderer to blank out that name, but what happened was unexpected.  It did that every time that form is displayed - even when you edit it.  So when you created it - it was blank and you entered a name in there (good yea something I did works).  When you went back to edit something - it blanked it out what you had typed in (not good, figures, I'm not as good as I thought).

I think at one point I even tried XSLT code to check for a value and not blank it out ... but that condition happens when you create a new one :) so then nothing happens and you're back to the default behavior with your extra code in there.

Its been a year or so since I've played around with it, but I don't think there's even a set of constant text in there to check for to see if its the 'new' default value.  Maybe a : ??  I can't remember.

All that probably doesn't help much, other than to know someone else had that issue and tried to work around it to no avail.  I eventually convinced the trainers to train the faculty to tell the students (sounds like the telephone game) to change that value when they uploaded files.

-Jon

..:: If you need me please watch this video first
 http://influxinsights.com/blog/article/2480/is-work-being-re-defined-.html
Jonathan Wheat /  Developer
Luminis Developers Network
Messiah College, ITS
717.766.2511 x3385
Member / IxDA : Interaction Design Association : http://www.ixda.org
Personal Blog : http://blogs.messiah.edu/wheat_world
LDN - Luminis Developer Network - http://www.lumdev.net

>>> Sean Keesler <sean.keesler at threecanoes.com> 7/13/2010 10:29 AM >>>
We COULD use the renderer to filter out "filefile" and replace it with
nothing...but that is really not how the default behavior should be
anyway.
I am seeing this when we:

- preview the form
- create a "New Form Item" in Resources
- "Create New" when the form is in a portfolio template.

You are correct, it does not occur in the matrix.

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104
315-682-0830