[Portfolio] access to images, etc.

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Wed Feb 10 08:35:56 PST 2010

We have a continuing stream of problems with people not able to see things in public images. I can fix it for attachments that we process. But the moment we let students do things in FCK, the ability to do any kind of systematic fixup seems to go away.

For the moment I'm thinking strongly of doing a replacement of /access/content/ in any fck-generated content with h /access/ospPresentation/SITE/PORTFOLIOID/content/   This could trigger falsely, but I think the number of times we are burned by it is going to be a lot less than the troubles we're currently seeing. Unfortunately XSL is such a dreadful language that it's hard for me to do better tests than that.

Another approach would be to do the replacement in the code that calls FCK. Then I'd have Java available and could do an HTML parse.

Any better suggestions?