[Portfolio] MetaAnalysis - Verbs and Primitives

John Norman john at caret.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 9 04:45:16 PDT 2009

With apologies for pointing you at such a long paper in a merely
related subject, but I have just found the OCLC report on Scholarly
Information Practices in the Online Environment http://www.oclc.org/programs/publications/reports/2009-02.pdf

While focussed on research information processes, I think this is an
exemplary overview of a large and complex field - not so different
from the one field(s) we are trying to support in teaching and
learning. I think the concept of "primitives" relates well to the
"verbs" of the OSP analysis and the basic goals set out by David
Goodrum. Is anyone aware of a similar piece of work (a meta-analysis
and synthesis of published research that draws out "primitives" and
then explores each one) for teaching and learning?

John