[Portfolio] "Double-pump" action in portfolio tool

Sean Keesler sean at keesler.org
Wed May 20 08:22:31 PDT 2009

I'm noticing that the "Add/Edit Content" screen of the portfolio tool
is providing some confusing feedback to users.

There appears to be two things happening when I "add" or "remove"
selected items. First, there is an immediate javascript movement of
the items from one column to the other. Next, there is some
client-server interaction that takes several seconds that apparently
"saves" my choices.

That immediate visual feedback of the items moving is confusing. It
cues me to go ahead and try to do something else. However, anything I
do before the client-server interaction is complete is lost.

Is this intended behavior?

Sean