[Portfolio] [DG: User / Using Sakai] Anyone using Portfolio for document approval process workflow?

Sean Keesler sean at keesler.org
Thu Mar 19 13:17:48 PDT 2009

I haven't heard of that sort of use of OSP.
The OSP tools are designed around the idea of a single user "owning"
the portfolio...so it would be difficult to use it to collaboratively
create something across a department.

The workflow process involved in OSP currently isn't as sophisticated
as you might need either.

Sean

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Barb Kerns <brk at bumail.bradley.edu> wrote:
> Our curriculum committee is looking for a better way (workflow) to handle
> the numerous course change and program change requests that need approval
> every year.  I would guess we are not alone in this.  Is anyone using
> Portfolio tools in Sakai to accomplish this?
>
> Our needs are to be able for multiple departments to add artifacts (course
> or program change forms and supporting documents) to a site, for these
> artifacts to be viewed by up to 8 approval levels and for each level to be
> able to grant their approval or to send the artifacts back to the
> originating department for revision.
>
> We have not worked with Portfolio tools yet and have set up a very basic
> folder structure in Resources.  We are looking for the piece that allows for
> easy tracking, authentication and approval through an efficient interface.
>  Any suggestions?
>
> Barb Kerns
> Bradley University
> Sakai 2.5