[Portfolio] Updates after yesterday's call - homework, too

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Tue Jul 21 10:16:18 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

On yesterday's conference call a few items came up that it makes
sense to send around...

1. CRIM has provided a rather complete feature summary of the Matrix
functionality they have proposed [1].

2. Indiana has provided summaries of the Forms UI and Roster
Synchronization changes proposed [2] [3].

3. Janice has updated the "Portfolio-related vignettes" page with
rough notes from the Friday session in Boston. [4]

4. We did not discuss the Reporting Strategies work. The base
Confluence page is created and listed on the agenda [5].

We would like everyone to take a look at these items for discussion
next week. I believe Lynn will present the IU changes. After we talk
through the CRIM proposal, we can ask them to join for more specific
discussion.

On another note, there has been ongoing discussion since the
conference about moving forward with the broader functional
visioning, community cohesion, and product management processes.
There is interest in using our processes and materials as models. We
may have some other folks join the call next week to discuss this some.

Josh Baron is heading up some of this work with others around the
community and just posted a message with more details (titled "new
initiative discussion"). I believe it makes sense for us to enter
this phase with open minds and a willingness to adapt our process
some to better integrate. Again, I think this is a positive
recognition of how we have faced the challenges of working on common
functionality over time and across institutions and thank everyone
for their hard work and persistence.

Thanks,
-Noah

[1] http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/cYBpAQ