[Portfolio] Reminder > Sakai Teaching and Learning Call TODAY (with Clay Fenlason)

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Dec 2 07:38:18 PST 2009

Folks,

We will be having our regular weekly Teaching and Learning Sakai group
call today at 12 Noon EST.  Call-in information is below.

As a reminder, the group has spent the past month or so working on
populating the Learning Capabilities Google spreadsheet with simple
user-centric goals.  At the present time (thanks in part of the work of
Janice Smith over the last week who added a lot of portfolio-focused
goals), we have 113 rows of goals documented. The spreadsheet is linked
off the Teaching and Learning confluence site.

The group decided previously that we would take a "pause" at this point in
the population process to assess what we've created and discuss how to
begin to organize and group what has been documented.  As part of this
effort, we have invited Clay Fenlason, Sakai Product Manager, to join the
call again today so that we can engage in a discussion with him as to how
the materials are currently being used and how they might be used in the
future.  This discussion should help inform our next round of activities.

To help prepare for our conversation with Clay, I would like to suggest
that folks take a few minutes prior to the call to read over his recent
blog posting (see the Leading Design post at http://sakaipm.wordpress.com)
 as it discusses how he had been using the materials to date and provides
an example from Sam Peck, the designer he is working with, as well.

Talk with everyone in a bit,

Josh

Calls are currently taking place every Wednesday at 12:00 Noon ET (New
York, USA).  To participate:

    * Dial 1-888-447-7153 (International callers: 1-719-387-1138)
    * Enter in passcode: 917798 (the hit #)
    * Listen to music until "moderator" starts the call
    * Need help? Call tech support at 1-877-807-0970

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron