[Portfolio] Teaching with Sakai Pre-Conference Workshop

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Thu Apr 30 08:01:36 PDT 2009

Greetings everyone!

A number of folks in the community have started to work on a
pre-conference half-day workshop on "teaching with Sakai" that will build
on what was done at last year's conference in Paris.  Robin Hill has set
up a conference page for the session, which we've titled "Five Minutes of
Fame, Shame and to Frame", where you can see what others plan to present
and also sign up to participate.  The concept is to have a "round robin"
type of session in which a number of people would give very brief
presentations that would relate to longer sessions that will be taking
place during the regular conference.

The confluence site is at:
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/PED/Preconference+2009+Teaching+and+Learning

If you are interested in participating please take a minute to sign up and
post your topics.

Also, we will be dedicating most of next week's Teaching and Learning
phone conference to discussing the session and finalizing some of the
plans.  The call will take place at 11:30 AM EDT (call in information is
below).

If you are unable to join us and have questions or comments please e-mail
them to me ahead of time.

1) Call 1-888-447-7153 (International Dial in number is 847-619-4470)
2) Enter in the Passcode: 5057885 (then hit the "#" key)
3) Listen to the nice music until the Leader joins.

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)