[Portfolio] A simple way to make the matrix cell file public viewable

hongbo zhang hbzhang at vt.edu
Tue Apr 14 09:50:26 PDT 2009

I think this might be useful for someone, who try to make their portfolio
public viewable.

We have uploaded some files to the matrix cell, and want these files and
portfolio public accessible.

The file URL in the matrix cell is:

https://scholar.vt.edu/access/ospMatrix/4b0253c0-86a7-45ab-007f-6a68ad352af0
/9601A7943912BD8697E19B4D7B36186E/content/user/fc84e192-ec20-430b-0028-5e135
4477a83/image5.jpg

If you put that URL in the portfolio, then it requires readers to log into
system to view that file.

However, we found out that we can always simplify the URL to

https://scholar.vt.edu/access/content/user/fc84e192-ec20-430b-0028-5e1354477
a83/image5.jpg

Which is the file in the my workspace.

If students make that file public viewable, then the portfolio is public
viewable.

Some XSLT codes for this.

<xsl:for-each select="./wizardPage/attachments/attachment">
      <xsl:variable name="Filename" select="./artifact/fileArtifact/uri"/>

<xsl:variable name="Filename1" select="
concat('https://scholar.vt.edu/access/content'
substring-after($Filename,'/content')) "/>

<xsl:value-of select="$Filename2"/>
</xsl:for-each>

  BTW, thanks for Marc pointing this out for me.

     Hongbo