[DG: Teaching & Learning] Importing IMS QTI 1.2 test bank

Shirley Birenz ssb254 at nyu.edu
Mon Sep 8 08:33:09 PDT 2014

Hello Matt,

Thank you for this guide, and it almost works. The Sakai platform that we
use offers 2 options to create a test. The first is assessment builder,
where one needs to manually type in the questions and answers. The second,
is Markup Text, which allows a copy and paste by question, not the entire
test. Being able to copy and past in the Sakai format is still extremely
helpful and quicker, less spelling errors and shorter amount of time.

Wimba Diploma now allows to export in RTF for Word Processors. The test
opens in Word, however the answers are set within a table. I can Select All
and clear formatting to resolve this problem, since is affects the Replace
mechanism.

After doing that, I was able to apply your Replace expressions. There is
one tiny problem, and I don't know how to fix it. It must be a backslash or
parentheses in a different place. The (2 points) appears within the
question. I have attached the document. If you can figure out how to avoid
this in the expression, that would be great.

Thank you so much,
Shirley

ssb254 at nyu.edu
201-819-9112 cell